Jicama & Red Cabbage Salad with Mint and Cilantro, tossed with Sweet-and-Sour Asian Dressing
If you're a coleslaw fan and love a crunchy salad, this recipe is for you. It takes a bit of time, but it's one of the most satifsying salads you'll ever devour! Red cabbage is a nutrient-rich cruciferous vegetable. Jicama is loaded with nutrients, including iron. Together they make a colorful pair. THis salad goes well with fish and turkey, smoked duck or turkey.
This recipe is slightly adapted from One Bite at a Time.
Source: Uta Birkmayer, Functional Gourmet
For 6 Dozen(s)
- 1 pound(s) red cabbage
- 0.5 pound(s) jicama, peeled and cut into small juliennes (match-like sticks)
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh mint
- 0.25 cup(s) finely chopped fresh cilantro or fresh basil
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) seeded and diced jalapeno (more if you like some kick)
- 3 teaspoon(s) coconut vinegar
- 0.25 cup(s) coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoon(s) grade B maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh ginger
- 1 pinch(es) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime jiuce
- 0.5 cup(s) sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon(s) grade B maple syrup
- 1 pinch(es) cayenne pepper
Jicama & Red Cabbage Salad with Mint and Cilantro, tossed with Sweet-and-Sour Asian Dressing Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Toss the nuts in a bowl with the maple syrup and cayenne. Spread on a sheet pan and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Use a metal spatula to loosen the crispy nuts.
- To make the dresing, whisk together the jalapeno, vinegar, lime juice, coconut aminos, grade B maple syrup, sesame oil, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- To make the salad, cut the cabbage in half, remove the core, and shred with a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, jicama, mint and cilantro. Toss with the dressing. Sprinkle the nuts on top and serve.
Have a tendency waste materials your time and energy on this url, totally unconnected for you to dia...
See Full Review >> - Gucci Shoes
vHzVqc rmaezkthwdyr, [url=http://qcdegnvuomhi.com/]qcdegnvuomhi[/url], [link=http://quzmeimffmwo.co...
See Full Review >> - xopynvks